Here’s a BBQ wings recipe I’ve found works consistently well. While these directions are specific to grillers using a Big Green Egg, the recipe itself works for a variety of smokers and grills.
3-4 pounds chicken wings
1 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Wing Sauce & Glaze
1 handful hickory wood chips
- Separate wings using kitchen scissors.
- Marinate wings in large bowl with Zesty Italian dressing.
- Prepare the Big Green Egg to cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place presoaked hickory chips with coals.
- Place the Big Green Egg’s platesetter with the legs down to enable indirect cooking.
- Set the Big Green Egg’s regular stainless grill in place.
- Place the wings on the grill.
- Grill 20 minutes a side.
- Brush wings three to four times with sauce.
Note, you can easily substitute any other barbecue sauce to suit regional and personal preferences. Here are three of my family’s favorite sauces:
- Big Green Egg Vidalia Onion Sriracha.
- Trifecta Original Barbecue Sauce.
- Mark’s Feed Store “Red” Bar-B-Q Sauce.