Photo from Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana. Nikon D-series body. 35mm prime Nikkor AF-S DX lens. f/8. 1/250.
Here are the five sites I recommend visiting when in New Orleans:
- The New Orleans Museum of Art – Although Jackson Pollock’s Composition (White, Black, Blue and Red on White), 1948, was being packaged for shipment to London’s Tate when I visited in July, the museum boasts much to offer, including a significant trove of French and American works.
- Cafe du Monde – Hit the French Market location for beignets and a cafe au lait.
- The Roosevelt – New Orleans’ Waldorf-Astoria property, don’t miss the hotel’s Domenica restaurant offering flavorful food and reasonable prices, an attractive combination for a James Beard Foundation award-winning eatery in the Big Easy.
- District Donuts, Sliders & Brew – You’re going to hit the Garden District anyway. You might as well treat yourself to the region’s best artisan donuts.
- Brennan’s Restaurant – A New Orleans institution since 1946, you may not find a better brunch on the planet.
Have other New Orleans recommendations? Post them below!